Saturday, September 29, 2007

My Journey to my First job @ TCS------



Here i am describing ,my journey to my first job.
You know most of the B.Tech guys find this topic very interesting for discussion that where they will get the job or "yaar mera kya hoga..placement start hone waala hai" yaa "yaar apnaa wo senior hai na saale ko kuchh bhi nahi aata tha fir bhi job lag gayi,apni bhi lag jaayegi" yaa "seniors se poochho to...reply hota hai are yaar tension na le...lag jaayegi"................
I passed first three years in the same way as mentioned above.But mera bhi time aa hi gaya. 29th July,2007....the end of my 3months summer internship @ HRI,Allahabd.I returned to college on 31st July,2007 as 7th sem was going to start and came to know that TCS is first company that is visiting the campus for recruitment on 13th August,2007 and lot of companies are after that(ex-Accenture,IBM,Sapient,Infosys and many more).

I decided to sit for TCS .As i was not completely prepared for campus placement,so i think,i should start from first company.....wahaan se laat padegi to thoda experience hoga fir aage kisi na kisi company me ho jaayega.

And finally,the dead end came....it was the 12th Aug night...I was little bit nervous and got slept at 12 in the night after some preperation and prepared something about my project and prepared nthng special on any subject.And now it was the morning of 13th Aug,I got up at 8 in the morning,,,,smbdy told me that PPT is at 8:45 in VIP Seminar Hall.At this moment,i left all the tensions in the room(ye sochkar ki hona to hai nahi yaar)and went for ppt and after that appeared for online test at 1 in the afternoon.My test finished at 2:30 and they said that they will declare the test result within 15 mins.But i was sure that i will clear this test.And when result came,i got cleared it.Now they told me go to the interview room after one and half hours.
In the meantime ,i searched for some HR interview questions and their best answers.And then i wore my new formals and went for interview.

I have to wait for 4 hours for my turn to come for technical interview.But in the mean duration,i saw that most of the ppl were tensed but i found myself cool(main to soch raha tha hona to hain nahi.....agli company to hai hi zindabad,interviewer saala koi faansi thode hi chadha dega,jyaada se jyaada nahi lega mujhko aur kya kar lega)...and i got myself cool upto the last moment.At last my turn came for tech interview.
It went for 20-25 minutes...i answered 50% questions correctly and 30% dont remember and 20% dont know.During interview ,i made him laugh on some topics.He found me very cool and the one very beautiful lady HR was also with him,who didnt ask anything but continuously smiling.I was also continuously smiling.
When i came out,i think its over here,i will not be selected for HR interview,as according to me tech interview was not so good.Finally a list came out from there and he started crying the name of rejected candidates,i was waiting for my name.....but the whole list ended,,,,,,and i didnt hear my name.Oh my god,i got selected for next and last round that was HR interview.But now i was not that much cool(sach boloon to thodi thodo fatne lagi thi,kyunki yahaan tak aakar waapis jaana mujhse bardaasht nahi hota).
HR interview started very soon......but it went on very well.After that i thought i would get selected.It went on for 20-25 mins but it was a very cool inreaction with those persons,nothing else.
They told that result will be declared tomorrow as lot of other candidates are remaining for interview.
Finally the result came at 5:00pm on 14th,Aug.And my name was announced by TCS's delegates.I was on seventh heaven.I never thought that i will get a job so early.And next day,the 15th August,i celebrated the independence day of My INDIA as well as of myself too.Coz now i was free from tension of NAUKRI........


total students appeared for test -209
total students, cleared test -143
total students ,finally got selected-65

I was one of these 65 lucky people.

2 comments:

Shubham said...

It made such a situation that I can't resist myself from reading the article to the end....!

Compulsory to all 'Job Aspiring' people...... :)

Keep Posting....!

preythap said...

congrats dude...! me too placed in da TCS n i find ur xperience pretty interesting n inspiring too...!
keep posting...!